For those who are not familiar with the term retaining wall, it is a structure that holds any element that is inside it; usually it is soil or water. The retaining wall will kind of block whatever it is protecting from sliding or eroding. They are most of the time used in terraces so that the soils with the plants will not slowly slide away bringing along the plants. You will usually see a number of them in parks, in residential establishments and even in buildings as they are great enhancers. They are most of the time created using materials like concrete, bricks and many other similar materials. If you want to have retaining walls in your lawns, then you can hire professional landscapers as they are the ones who can do this with excellence. Retaining walls are part of the landscapers’ expertise. It is part of what they are trained of.
If you want more information about retaining walls, check out below some of their different types:
– First are the gravity retaining walls. This type of retaining wall is built making use of concrete, brick masonry and stone. With gravity retaining walls, their function depends on their weights. That means, because of their weights, they can protect the elements behind them.
– Then there are also the cantilever retaining walls. In this type of retaining walls, less concrete will be used compared to the gravity retaining walls though careful planning must be done in the construction.
– You can also choose to have the counterfort retaining walls. These types of retaining walls are almost the same with the cantilever retaining walls though they have the thin vertical concrete webs that are called counterfort. If your budget is tight, then you can have this type as this is more cost effective. You can contact the retaining walls maker in Brisbane.
– Sheet pile or piling retaining wall is another type that you can choose. As this has wide barriers, you should only have this type if your place is spacious. One thing you must know as well if you decide to have this type of retaining walls is that the soils must be soft.
– There is also the anchored retaining wall which is almost the same as the piling retaining walls for it also uses cables for additional durability. If you are planning to support heavy loads, then this should be the type that you will use.
There are still many kinds of retaining walls that are not listed in here. So, if you are interested to have one built in your lawn as they can indeed automatically enhance it, seek out the help of professional landscapers as they are expected to be expert on this aspect. If you have retaining walls I your property, it will certainly increase as well the property’s resell value.
So, look for the provider of these retaining walls now and have one in your lawn. I am pretty sure it will be a great addition like maybe a terraces in one of the corners of your lawn garden.